The topic for this week is Top Ten Series I’ve Been Meaning to Start but Haven’t. As usual, this weekly meme is courtesy of the amazing blog, The Broke and the Bookish so make sure to check out their own Top Ten Tuesday list!
1. The Red Queen Series by Victoria Aveyard: These books have dominated my feed for so long, which has made me curious about it forever. I would love to get in on the hype at some point!
2. The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien: I don’t really know WHY I haven’t read these books yet. Maybe because I know, deep down, that it isn’t my thing. I’m still curious about the story and the writing. I know, I know…I’m probably a horrible human being for not ever watching or reading these!
3. A Series of Unfortunate Events by Daniel Handler: Like many people, I’ve only read the first book, and never picked it up again. I know that this is THE series to ever come close to beating out the Harry Potter sales (and when I mean close, I don’t remember the exact figure my children’s lit professor said, but it was a huge gap). I think now though would be a perfect time to read this series, because I can definitely pick up on any double meanings that occur here, and I’m still a child-at-heart, so I can enjoy these at the same time.
4. The Great War Series by Jennifer Robson: These books all have such an interesting premise, and I’ve been slowly falling in love with historical fiction a lot more than I used to. I would love to get my hands on these novels, and just spend a day on my patio with endless cappuccino’s, and reading one of these all day.
5. The Selection Series by Kiera Cass: I love the cover of every book that’s in these series, and I know it would make a great addition to my bookshelf…well, currently my floor. BUT regardless of the fancy covers, I know that this series was something I was interested in about 3 years ago…so I’m not sure how well I’ll like the story now, but I’m definitely willing to give it a shot!
6. Crazy Rich Asians Series by Kevin Kwan: THIS SERIES IS TAKING THE WORLD BY STORM. I also promised myself more diverse reads this year, so I’m positive that I’ll get my hands on this book.
That’s it for me! I have to be perfectly honest, I’m not a huge fan of series. I like being left wishing for more, instead of knowing that this was the last book ever with whatever character is in it. But if I had to choose any series I want to read, the above books would be the first ones on my list! What series do you think are better than life? Let me know in the comments below!