I was nominated a few days ago for the Sunshine blogger award by the fabulous, nicest blogger ever, BookBum (Zuky) so make sure to go check out her blog for a lot of great content. (HOW does she keep up with everything, I’ll never know!)
- Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write then 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Questions & Answers:
1. What’s your favourite book/movie of all time and why did it speak to you so much?
My favourite book of all time is definitely “My Sister’s Keeper” by Jodi Picoult! It just has everything I’m looking for in a book – different POV each chapter, inspiring story, heartfelt, surprising ending, and makes me feel like I can understand what someone else is going through.
2. What’s the one thing that people always misunderstand about you?
People always think I’m just the shy kid who doesn’t have much to say. But in reality, once I get comfortable with my surroundings, I’m probably one of the funniest people you’ll ever meet, always ready for a laugh, and can show you the best memes of the week.
3. If you could bring one musician back to life, who would it be and why?
I would really like to bring Michael Jackson back to life. He was literally the King of Pop, and I’m so sorry that his chance to preform that tour he was preparing for was taken from him. He could’ve done great things through charity work, it would’ve been amazing to see how his life would’ve turned out.
4. If you have to live without one of your senses, which would you give up?
What a question! No word of a lie, I’ve often thought about this, because I used to be on the bus route that carried a lot of deaf and blind people. I think I would give up my hearing, because the world is scary enough as it is, but imagine not being able to see?
5. How would you spend 1 million pounds / dollars?
Haha 1 million dollars! I wish! I wouldn’t spend it right away…I’ll keep it in the bank, work super hard until I have enough money, and then spend it all on a house. I refuse to buy a single-detached family home here in Toronto for 1 million dollars. I’ll wait until I can buy something newer.
6. What was your childhood dream job?
I’m actually SUPER close to achieving my childhood dream job! Sort of. I wanted to be an author when I was a kid. But now, I’m on my way to land an internship at a publishing company, so yay me for (kind of) sticking to my childhood dream!
7. If you could change one law, what would it be, and what would you change it to?
One law I would change…. can there not be a land transfer tax? I mean, what if I had my 1 million dollars, bought my house, and then found a better one on the market!? Why do I have to pay a tax just to transfer my name onto a piece of paper? Bruh.
8. Do you have any heroes? Who are they?
I’ve honestly never thought about this. I’ll say Jodi Picoult, and all the amazing minds behind Twitter.
9. Other than books, what are you passionate about?
I’m very passionate about blogging. I find it therapeutic to just write down my thoughts (even though they are book related). But I love it, it’s never felt like a chore to me.
10. What is your biggest fear?
My biggest fear has always been death. Never want to talk about it!
11. (I’m being a copy cat) Do you have any pets? PICS PLEASE!!!!
I have ONE pet. His name is Domi (after Tie Domi the hockey player) and he’s turning 9 years old on March 16th! He’s the laziest dog ever, but he’s taken over my heart! Here are some of my favourite pictures:
Thank you so much again to BookBum for the nomination! It really means a lot, you have NO idea how much answering your questions have helped me prepare for an interview I have!
I nominate these great blogs:
My questions to all of you are:
- What is your dream job?
- Have you ever been in an awkward position while at an interview?
- What is/was your favourite subject in school?
- What does your morning routine look like?
- What was the last book you read OR movie you saw? What did you think?
- Where would you go for your dream vacation?
- I will also copy-cat the pet question! Do you have any pets? OR if you don’t, what would be your dream pet? Pictures please!
- What are your hobbies?
- What has been a big milestone for you in your life so far?
- What would your dream home consist of?
- Where can I find you on social media?
I can’t wait to read all of your answers! Happy blogging!