The topic for this week is Top Ten Books I Wish I Had (More/Less) X In Them. As usual, this weekly meme is courtesy of the amazing blog, The Broke and the Bookish so make sure to check out their own Top Ten Tuesday list!
As most of you probably know by now, I love mystery/crime/thriller books. So for this blog post, I’ll be writing about how I wish I had more suspense in the following books:
1. “The Wonder” by Emma Donoghue – Don’t get me wrong, this was the best book I’ve read so far this year, but hey, no book is perfect. I really do wish that “The Wonder” was filled with just a little more suspense about Lib’s life – yes, we do eventually find everything out, but I think it was just a little too downplayed in the book, especially because it is so important to the ending of the book.
2. “Still Mine” by Amy Stuart – If you missed my review, I was disappointed about this book, and suspense was probably one of the main reasons why I didn’t like it. So this book needs more of it ASAP.
3. “The Sisters of Blue Mountain” by Karen Kathchur – I won this book via a twitter contest, and so far it’s pretty good! But I do wish at times that it was a bit more suspenseful, but I’m still enjoying it!
4. “The Crow Giril” by Erik Axl Sund – This book was a disappointment, and I KNOW I’ve said this before somewhere on a different blog post – but I just wish that we didn’t find out what we do like 100 pages in – it just killed the book for me. But I still read it through to the end.
5. “Hag-Seed” by Margaret Atwood – Just because I wish there was more suspense surrounding Felix and his daughter.