The topic for this week is Top Ten 2016 Releases I Meant To Read (But TOTALLY Plan To). As usual, this weekly meme is courtesy of the amazing blog, The Broke and the Bookish so make sure to check out their own Top Ten Tuesday list!
1. “Hidden Figures” by Margot Lee Shetterly: I still haven’t read this, and I’m actually upset about it. It’s not because it’s going to be a movie now, but because I promised myself more diverse reads in 2016, and that just didn’t happen.
2. “Swing Time” by Zadie Smith: I’ve always been intrigued by the colourful book cover and its amazing storyline – and I’ve always been intrigued as to why I still haven’t read it!
3. “Glass Sword” by Victoria Aveyard: Honestly, I’ve been meaning to read this series ever since it came out. There’s been so much hype and bookstagram pictures surrounding this series, so again, shame on me for not reading it sooner!
4. “Moonglow” by Michael Chabon: Again, such a largely hyped book that also looks interesting!
5. “The Woman in Cabin 10” by Ruth Ware: I know this is bad to say, but the cover just looks unreal! I’d love to get my hands on this very suspenseful novel.
6. “Canada” by Mike Myers: From the person behind Austin Powers, The Cat in the Hat, and many more memorable roles, his book on Canada was one book I was looking forward to reading in 2016, but then never got around to it.
7. “Feminist Fight Club” by Jessica Bennett: I’ve heard endless praise for this book, and rightfully so. It’s a must-read book for an woman who is entering the workforce, which is why I need to get my hands on it ASAP! My workforce time is coming up in about 3 months.
8. “Every Hidden Thing” by Kenneth Oppel: I grew up reading Kenneth Oppel, and for some reason I just never got around to buying this book as well (to be fair, I was in a bit of a reading slump when this came out).
Time to go hang my head in shame – some of the best-loved books of 2016 that I haven’t read. Are there any books on my list that you also haven’t read? Please let me know that I’m not alone here! What books made your top ten Tuesday, I would love to know!