The topic for this week is Ten Books I Wouldn’t Mind Santa Leaving Under My Tree (or non-book bookworm items). As usual, this weekly meme is courtesy of the amazing blog, The Broke and the Bookish so make sure to check out their own Top Ten Tuesday list here!
I’m going all out for this list – but I wanted to split it between 5 books, and 5 non-book bookworm items. So enjoy! Be sure to comment below what your top ten Tuesday choices are, or link to your own post. I’d love to look at it!
1. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay: I’ve been wanting this book for a while, because it’s gotten such great reviews on Goodreads and it’s apparently so much better than The Cursed Child, so my hopes have been set high for this script.
2. Commonwealth by Ann Patchett: Honestly, I’ve heard so many good things about this book (and books get sold mostly by word of mouth), so this has been on my radar for a while
3. Do Not Say We Have Nothing by Madeleine Thien: I also have heard great things about it, plus it was the Giller Prize winner. This book is actually at the top of my to-read list. I vow to have it read by the time I’m out looking for publishing internships!
4. Feminist Fight Club by Jessica Bennett: Back in September, an employee at HarperCollins Canada really raved about this book to me, saying how it’s such a useful tool to have. So, I listened to her (kind of. I still haven’t read it!). But Santa, if you’re out there right now reading this, please bring this book to me.
5. Swing Time by Zadie Smith: Honestly, this book sounds so amazing and I love the fact that it’s centred around dancing, because it makes the book that much more relatable. Dancing is really gaining a lot of popularity these days, thanks to Dance Moms and especially Maddie Ziegler’s projects with Sia. So to be able to consume a more meaningful side of the dancing world makes me want to read this book even more. Fun fact: I danced tap and ballet for about 12 years, so yes I definitely want to read this book.
6. Marauder’s Map Mug: I’ve honestly wanted this item (or any other mug of this sort) for the LONGEST time! Just imagine…waking up to make fresh coffee, and then your plain black mug turns into the map of Hogwarts!? WHHHATTTTT??
7. Sirius Black Funko Character: Sirius Black is my FAVOURITE HP character of all time! He’s perfect, and so is his Funko character. I NEED THIS.
8. Harry Potter Pillow: I’ve had my eye on this for so long. It’s just so cute, how could you not want it!?
9. Marauders Map Laptop Sleeve: It doesn’t necessarily have to be this exact case, but as long as it fits my Macbook Air 13″ laptop, and it has the Marauder’s Map on it, I’m more than happy.
10. The Cursed Child Keyring: Even though The Cursed Child isn’t my favourite script, I still appreciate it. So I want this keyring, and almost everything else that is on the website.