A huge huge HUGE thank you to Mackenzie from A Writer’s Journey for nominating me! I am so happy to be a part of this. So check out her blog please!
So what is the Liebster Award? I had no clue what this was before I was nominated for one. So I did some research, and the Liebster Award is a sort of online award of recognition for bloggers. In my understanding, it is meant to give recognition and help blogs gain a few more followers. To me though, it’s all about the recognition, and the “pay it forward” factor that I really like about it!
The rules for the Liebster Award are as follows (from A Writer’s Journey) :
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
So here are the questions I have received from Mackenzie:
1. If you were given an all-expenses paid trip anywhere, where would you go?
I would go to Greece! It’s my dream trip, and I love the culture, food, beauty, and history!
2. Which time period do you think you should’ve been born in?
I think I should’ve been born in 1939. That way, I could have grown up with Margaret Atwood, and be besties! Because who wouldn’t want that?
3. What’s your favorite movie?
My favourite movie is “Nothing to Lose” starring Martin Lawrence and Tim Robbins. It’s hilarious, and I LOVE Martin Lawrence.
4. You can star in one TV show. Which one? As who?
I would star in “Criminal Minds” as Emily Prentiss. I loved her character more than anything.
5. What’s your guilty pleasure?
My guilty pleasure food wise is muffins. TV wise, it’s the HGTV channel.
6. What’s the one book you’ve been dying to read but haven’t found the time to yet?
Robert Galbraith’s “The Silkworm”
7. Coke or Pepsi?
8. What’s your favorite month?
October…because that’s my birthday month!
9. What was your high school mascot?
Well…it wasn’t really a mascot. But we were known as the O’Connor Blues.
10. What was your favorite subject in school?
Definitely English! It still is!
11. Which cancelled TV show would you bring back if you could?
I’m not a huge TV fan, BUT if it was my choice, I would bring back “That’s So Raven” hands down.
So 11 facts about me:
1. I still watch Spongebob almost every day
2. My favourite radio station is Kiss 92.5
3. I hate spiders, bugs…anything that’s creepy crawly
4. My favourite author is Jodi Picoult (besides J.K. Rowling)
5. I LOVE pasta
6. Coffee rules my world
7. My favourite colour is purple
8. I have way too much nail polish
9. I can crochet a little bit
10. My favourite iPad game is Tiny Tower
11. I have two jobs
The blogs that I will be nominating are:
My questions for my nominated bloggers are:
1. Why did you start this blog?
2. What is your favourite movie/book/TV show?
3. What is your favourite colour?
4. What is your favourite past time?
5. Dogs or Cats?
6. What is your favourite season?
7. What are you most afraid of?
8. Laptop or Tablet?
9. Have you been anywhere exciting recently?
10. It’s summer! Anything special planned?
11. Twilight or Harry Potter?